Colonia Climate & Temperature
- Colonia, Uruguay is at 34°27'S, 57°45'W, 20 m (66 ft). See map.
- Colonia has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Colonia is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 17.4 degrees Celsius (63.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.3 °C (22.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1101 mm (43.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1101 Litres/m² (27 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Colonia you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Qingdao, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Colonia Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Colonia Climate Graph in Metric Units
Colonia Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Colonia, Uruguay Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: